ABACUS is a web service built on the Sharetribe platform. The general terms of Sharetribe below apply also to the use of ABACUS
Rights of Content
The users themselves retain the right to all text, pictures and other content that they create in the service. The users allow others to utilize the content in accordance with the nature of the service and furthermore allow the service provider to file information and data and make changes that are necessary for the service or the study, however other rights are not transferred from the users, unless specifically otherwise agreed. The responsibility of the content lies with the user, who has produced it to the service. The service provider has the right to remove any material when it deems it necessary.
No guarantees of the functioning of the Sharetribe service are given. The users are themselves responsible for their actions in the service and they should estimate the reliability of other users before dealing with them. The service provider can under no circumstances be liable for damage that is caused to the user. The user may not store any information or data in the service, and expect it to remain there.
The Removal of a User
The service provider has the right to remove any users from Sharetribe and terminate their right of use of the service without any specific reason and without being liable for compensation.
If you would like your data deleted from our website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your full name and email you used to create your account.
Revision date: June 20, 2020
Thank you for visiting American Virtual Makerspace, Inc. also known as, Abacus ("Abacus," "we," "us", "our" or the “company”). Abacus provides a digital platform for individual makers, makerspace groups, creative businesses, educational outreach entities and institutions in the United States.
All Abacus products and services are offered only in the United States. All data is securely stored and protected in the United States by Amazon running on Amazon Web Services (AWS). For more information about AWS security and data privacy practices, please visit:
- AWS Privacy: https://aws.amazon.com/compliance/data-privacy-faq/
- AWS Security: https://aws.amazon.com/security/?nc=sn&loc=0
- AWS Compliance: https://aws.amazon.com/compliance/?nc=sn&loc=3
- AWS and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR): https://aws.amazon.com/premiumsupport/knowledge-center/gdpr-compliance/
1. Information Collection
- 1.1. We collect the following information about you and your use of our Service when you create an account:
- 1.1.1. for Users, you will be required to provide the following information: email address, Google Login or Facebook Login, a password of your choosing, zip/postal code.
- 1.1.2. for Users, you may optionally provide the following information: first name, last name, date of birth, address, nationality, phone number, a profile name, gender, referral source, a reference code, profile photo(s), other photos, videos (recorded and live), text, media, or other user-generated content, biographical description, your favorite hobbies, pastimes, equipment and supplies, the university you attended, special interest clubs you lead or attend, delivery preferences, dietary information, entertainment preferences, charitable donations and information about special occasions, sessions and events.
- 1.1.3. for Users, we automatically collect: a unique ID, an automatically generated profile name (if not provided by you), city, county, state, country, age range, your time zone, the timestamp of your account was created, the timestamp of the last time you logged into your account, unique IDs which you choose to provide to connect to partners (which could include Apple, Facebook, FanChain, Google, Instagram, PayPal, Plaid, SendGrid, Stripe, Twitter and Visa), number of relevant social media shares, your referral code, number of other members who have used your referral code to sign up, total events and/or sessions you have attended and indicated that you would attend, location (host) of all events, both in-person and virtual, that you have attended and indicate that you would attend, distance traveled from your hometown (zip/postal code) to all events that you have attended, the number of attendees at any events that you attend, any raffles or contests that you have entered, any sponsors that you have engaged, any advertisements that you have clicked, any tickets, goods or merchandise that you have purchased, any charitable donations that you have made, credits / points / tokens earned or used in Abacus or its partners loyalty systems, any partners which you have agreed to share data with, and any internal or external mailing lists which you have subscribed to, data any virtual events you have attended, you interaction during virtual events, chats, poll responses, links clicked, and IP Addresses which you use. If you use Facebook Login and agree to share information from your profile, then the following information will also be automatically collected: email address, first name, last name, name, gender, languages, location, locale, hometown, sports, hobbies, favorite sports teams, gear, user likes, age range, birthday, cover photo, devices, favorite athletes, influencers and whether any app created by Abacus or American Virtual Makerspace, Inc. which uses Facebook Login has been installed.
- 1.1.4. for Makers, you will be required to provide the following information: first name, last name, email address, phone number, a password of your choosing, the name of your business/brand if applicable (Maker name), street address and country.
- 1.1.5. for Makers, you may optionally provide the following information: profile photo(s), other photos, logos, videos (recorded and live), text, media, or other user-generated content, description, referral source, a reference code, public phone number, public email address, website, Facebook page, Instagram handle, LinkedIn page, Twitter handle, YouTube channel, hashtags, online session capacity, production capacity, session availability, age restrictions, price range, priced/bid reservations availability, public announcement availability, presentations, links to additional material, slides, sponsors, partners, fonts, style guides, polls, future events and IP Addresses which you use.
- 1.1.6. for Makers, we automatically collect: a unique ID, city, county, state, your time zone, the timestamp of your account was created, the timestamp of the last time you logged into your account, unique IDs which you choose to provide to connect to partners (which could include Apple, Facebook, FanChain, Google, Instagram, PayPal, Plaid, SendGrid, Stripe, Twitter and Visa), account credits, credits / points / tokens earned or used in Abacus’s or its partners loyalty systems, number of relevant social media shares, your referral code, promotions / specials, fan clubs that meet in this location, auction history, payment history, sessions you have hosted, number of sessions you host, number participants/spectators during sessions you host, number of participants/spectators indicating that they are attending your events, number of participants/spectators at sessions you host, and any internal or external mailing lists which you have subscribed to.
- 1.1.7. Abacus may record the video feed (stream), chat and any content used in any virtual event or session which includes content provided by the Maker, Users and Partners. Unless otherwise agreed upon, Abacus owns and retains all rights to this recording which may be used for commercial, marketing or any other legal purpose at Abacus discretion. Abacus may post this content on a public video platform, such as YouTube, Vimeo or other platform that be monetized.
- 1.1.8. for purposes of this Policy, "Personally Identifiable Information" means information that could be used to identify your personally (such as your email address or name), which has not been previously or subsequently disclosed by you on the public areas of our website.
- 1.2. We automatically track certain basic information about our members (such as internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, click patterns, etc.). We use this information to do internal research on our members' usage patterns, demographics, interests and general behavior to better understand and serve you and our community.
- 1.3. We may enter intro relationships with Service Providers, for example, analytics companies, advertisers and ad agencies, cryptocurrency partners, data management, event sponsors, mobile platforms, storage services or credit card processing services, or sweepstakes or contest prize fulfillment. In those circumstances, we may disclose Personally Identifiable Information so that such service providers perform those services, when consented to by the member. The usage of your data is covered by their respective privacy polices and they are required to follow our express instructions and to comply with appropriate security measures to protect your Personally Identifiable Information.
- 1.3.1. Below are the privacy and data policies of Abacus’s key Service Providers:
- Apple for iOS: https://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/en-ww
- Facebook Login: https://www.facebook.com/full_data_use_policy
- Google for Android and Google Maps: https://policies.google.com/privacy
- FanChain by SportsCastr: https://fanchain.com/privacy
- Instagram: https://help.instagram.com/402411646841720 and https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388
- Microsoft Azure: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-US/privacystatement
- Orion Technologies Limited / Sceenic: https://www.sceenic.co/privacy-policy
- PayPal: https://www.paypal.com/va/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
- Plaid: https://plaid.com/legal
- SendGrid: https://sendgrid.com/policies/privacy
- Stripe payment processing: https://stripe.com/privacy
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/en/privacy
- Visa Checkout payment processing: https://usa.visa.com/legal/visa-checkout/privacy-policy.html
- 1.4. We may contract with online partners to help manage and optimize our business and communications. For example, we may use the services of partners to help us deliver and measure the effectiveness of our advertising and how visitors use our Service. To do this, we and any of our partners may use third-party tracking technologies such as web beacons, pixels and cookies on this Service and on other websites and online services. A "cookie" is a piece of data stored on your computer that is tied to information about you. The type of information collected includes the URL you came from and go to, your browser information, and IP address, and helps us learn how to improve our service. We use these technologies for authentication, tracking user sessions, preferences, and movements around the Service, anonymous and aggregated marketing analytics, performance analytics, ad retargeting, and tracking aggregate trends on the Service. No information shared with our partners through cookies and related technologies is directly linked to your Personally Identifiable Information.
- 1.6. We may collect information such as postings you make on our website, messages you send to other Users, Learners or Makers, messages you send to us, and correspondence we receive from other members or third parties about your activities or postings on our website. Our use of this information is consistent with the rights and restrictions set forth in Section 2.
2. Use of Information
- 2.1. We use the information we collect about you (including your Personally Identifiable Information) to create a better, more personalized experience for you based on your individual usage habits, preferences and interests, improve our marketing and promotional efforts, analyze site usage, improve our content and product offerings, and customize our site's content, layout and Services. These uses improve our site and allow us to better customize it to meet your needs. We also use the information we collect about you to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, and enforce our Terms of Service Agreement.
- 2.2. We may compile the information we collect about you and use it, in an aggregate form only, in the negotiation and establishment of service agreements with public and/or private enterprises under which such enterprises will serve as Abacus partners or as Makers. Our use of such materials is consistent with the restrictions on disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information set forth in Section 3.
- 2.3. We may use for promotional, sales or any use that we consider appropriate your correspondence with us or other photos, videos (recorded and live), text, media, or other user-generated content, submitted for publication on our website, be it via email, postings on our website, or feedback via the member polls.
3. Disclosure of Your Information
- 3.1. Opt-in / opt-out requirement. WITHOUT YOUR AFFIRMATIVE CONSENT (ON A CASE-BY-CASE BASIS), WE DO NOT SELL, RENT OR OTHERWISE SHARE YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION WITH OTHER THIRD PARTIES, UNLESS OTHERWISE REQUIRED AS DESCRIBED BELOW UNDER "REQUIRED DISCLOSURES". TO THE EXTENT WE SHARE INFORMATION WITH OUR PARTNERS AND ADVERTISERS, WE SHARE ONLY AGGREGATED OR OTHERWISE NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION THAT IS NOT LINKED TO YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION. Aggregated information that we may share with our marketing partners includes, but is not limited to, geographic information, event/session attendance and other anonymized demographic data.
- 3.3. You should understand that some information you provide through the registration process or post to the public areas of our website, or through the use of our Service, including your name (if used in the profile name) and location information (zip/postal code), which may be accessible by and made public through syndication programs and by search engines, metasearch tools, crawlers, metacrawlers and other similar programs.
4. Communications from Abacus and from Users and Hosts
- 4.1. Communication from Abacus and from other Users and Makers are governed by our Terms of Service.
- 4.2. We may partner with third parties to manage our advertising on other sites and services. Our third-party partners may use technologies such as cookies and other third-party tracking technologies to gather information about your activities on our Service to market and advertise our services to you on third party sites and services. For example, third parties that we may work with may use the fact that you visited our Service to target ads for Abacus services to you on non-Abacus sites and services. To learn more about the choices that advertisers provide generally for individuals to influence how information about their online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services is collected and used, visit the Network Advertising Initiative at http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, the Digital Advertising Alliance at http://www.aboutads.info/, or the European Digital Advertising Alliance at http://youronlinechoices.eu/. Please note that even if you choose to opt-out of receiving targeted advertising, you may still receive relevant communications or updates about our Service, it just will not be tailored to your favorites sports, conference, leagues, teams, interests or activities.
5. Reviewing, Updating, Deleting and Deactivating Personally Identifiable Information
- 5.1. After registering for our Service, we provide a way to update your Personally Identifiable Information and Privacy Settings though your Account Settings. Upon your request, we will deactivate your account and no longer use your Personally Identifiable Information from our active databases. Please submit all requests to deactivate your account through the Contact Us page of our website.
- 5.2. Upon your request, we will send you a copy of your account’s data from our active databases. Please submit all requests to deactivate your account through the Contact Us page of our website.
6. Notification of Changes
- 6.2. If we make any material changes in our privacy practices, we will post a prominent notice on our website notifying you and our other members of the change. In some cases where we post a notice we will also email you and other members who have opted to receive communications from us, notifying them of the changes in our privacy practices. However, if you have deleted/deactivated your account, then you will not be contacted, nor will your previously collected personal information be used in this new manner.
- 6.3. If the change to this Policy would change how your Personally Identifiable Information is treated, we will notify you before we make the relevant change to this Policy and give you the opportunity to review the revised Policy before continuing to use our Services.
7. Dispute Resolution
8. Contact Information
- 8.1. If Users have any questions or suggestions regarding this Policy, please contact Abacus using postal mail or the website, as follows:
RECIPIENTS OF PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data may be communicated to FanWide FANWIDE TECHNOLOGIES INC. whose registered office is at PO Box 12008, Seattle, WA 98102, United States (registered company number 302-307-3267 (hereinafter, “FanWide”) so they can send you commercial communications by any means, including electronic or equivalent commercial communications (“Commercial Communications”), on their activities, products, services, competitions, offers and/or promotions, as long as you give your express, specific consent by checking the boxes provided.
You have been informed that your personal data shall be included in an automatized file owned by FanWide, as you authorize that the personal data supplied to FanWide shall be used for the purposes set out above. FanWide shall preserve your personal data for the time it needs them for the ends stated in this authorisation and to fulfil its legal obligations. It shall further store them as long as you do not revoke your consent, and/or do not exercise rights to erasure, objection or restriction of processing.
In this connection, we inform you that following the fulfilment of the purposes for which your data were collected, or once you have exercised the rights set out above, FanWide shall keep your personal data duly blocked for a term of five (5) years solely to respond to liabilities of any kind which may arise. These personal data shall be erased when these liabilities expire.
Likewise, you are informed that the legitimate basis for the notification of your data is the consent granted to FanWide, and that FanWide shall not supply the personal data to any third parties for its own purposes.
You can exercise rights of access, rectification, objection, erasure, portability and restriction of processing at any time, or revoke your consent to FanWide, by following the instructions set forth below: An email must be sent to: email@example.com. The application must contain a photocopy of the ID or another similar identity document and, in any event, the minimum content required by the law. Should the application fail to fulfil the requirements specified, its amendment may be requested. No consideration whatsoever shall be requested to exercise the rights.
Revoking the consent granted shall not affect the lawfulness of the processing, based on such consent prior to its withdrawal.
Moreover, if you consider that you have not succeeded in exercising your rights, you can contact the data protection officer at FanWide, using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABACUS service: Sharetribe Ltd
info (at) sharetribe.com
Kirjurinkuja 3 F 46 02600 Espoo
antti.virolainen (at) sharetribe.com
Name of the register
User register of the ABACUS service
Use of personal details (purpose of register)
Personal details are collected to make communication and use of service possible. Details can be used for communication between service providers and users and also for direct communication between users. Some personal details are visible on the profile page of the user, but those details are voluntary (except name).
The handling of personal details is not outsourced, but the register data is stored on a server that is rented from a third party company.
Information content of the register
The following information may be stored in the register:
- Personal details: Name, email address, phone number, street address
- Account details: username, password (stored in encrypted format)
- The description text that the user may write about him/herself
- The offers and requests the user has posted to the service
- The given and received feedback and badges
- Statistical data about service usage, e.g. number times the user has logged in
Regular sources of information
Personal details are given by the user on registration to the service or when using it later.
Regular handovers of the information
Information considering users of a single ABACUS community may be handed over to the client who has founded that community or to the community administrators appointed by that client.
Transfers of the information outside the EU and the European Economic Area
Information may be stored to a server that may be located inside or outside of the EU and the European Economic Area
Register protection principles
The information is stored on computers. The access to the information is restricted with passwords and physical access to the computers is restricted by the server hosting company.